We cannot stress enough how crucial proper aftercare is. Proper aftercare is necessary to achieve flawless results and avoid infection or other unwanted side effects. We can promise safe and effective results for your skin all we want but none of that matters if the treated site is not taken care of after each session. Follow these simple aftercare instructions to ensure your skin heals beautifully.
- Keep the treated area dry and clean during the healing process. Use soap and water to cleanse the site gently and then pat dry.
- Avoid soaking the treated area in water. This includes avoiding baths, pools, lakes, etc. Showers may be taken as long as the treated area is not hit with high-pressure water.
- Blisters and scabs are very common side effects. Blisters may be unsightly but do not be alarmed. Blisters are a normal part of the healing process and heal very well. DO NOT pick any scabs or rupture any blisters. Doing so may cause more serious unwanted side effects. If a blister ruptures naturally, apply an antibiotic ointment to the site until the skin has healed.
- Avoid all sun exposure, and do not use any tanning or bronzing products. Wear appropriate clothing or a bandage to avoid the sun. Once the overlying skin is healed, apply sunblock daily to the treated area.
- Shaving should be avoided until the treated area has completely healed.
- If itchiness or inflammation occurs, apply an antibiotic ointment such as Aquaphor, Neosporin, or Vitamin E oil.
- You may take Tylenol to help alleviate any discomfort. AVOID taking aspirin as it may increase your chances of bruising or bleeding.
- Exercise daily, drink plenty of water, and massage the area surrounding the treated site to boost blood flow and your immune system.
Please get in touch with our office immediately if you have any additional questions or concerns or experience unusual discomfort. All patients will receive detailed aftercare instructions to take home after their treatment session.